Get to know the one-page web design trend and find out if it is the ideal structure for your online business.
Before creating your website, it is important to be aware of the different types of designs which are available and promise to remain among the favorites of the users for some time.
Likewise, having knowledge of the characteristics and advantages of each one will allow you to identify if it suits your objectives and the things your brand requires. That is why this time we show you the most relevant aspects of one-page, and in this way, you will expand your range of options. Let’s see what it is exactly.
One-page, also known as single-page application (SPA), is a style that has been used for the last five years and continues to be stronger than ever, making it the favorite style for practical and concrete designers.
The websites that opt for this alternative have a single page structure where they condense all the information without having to use internal links, because instead of that, they want to offer an intuitive vertical navigation oriented to flow comfortably through their different areas.
One-page sites are made to show little content in a direct, simple, and engaging way that makes them stand out from the crowd. They are perfect for small businesses and entrepreneurs who are starting to publicize their project.
This type of design is very convenient to present the general information of an organization, as well as to promote an event, product or service in specific.
In addition, it is special for capturing customers because they have an effective link with social networks and the browsing experience encourages the visitor to go directly towards conversion.
Advantages of one-page
- Minimum development time. By using a one-page template, you avoid dealing with the information architecture work that involves using multiple pages.
- Low cost. A one-page is much more economically accessible than a “normal” website, because the coding and dedication are proportional to its simplicity.
- Simplified metrics. This type of design facilitates traffic management and the analysis of the data generated from user behavior, helping to increase the understanding of information in less time, which helps decision-making.
- Oriented to SEM strategies. This model makes the most of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategies, achieving high levels of visibility through ad campaigns, since its structure is focused on conversion instead of navigation.
- Friendly experience. One-page sites are ideal to be visited from mobile devices where the entire content can be perceived quickly and easily by sliding your fingers on the screen. For this reason, it is essential that the site be responsive, adapting to different devices.
- Simplicity and speed. By having less content and zero links to internal pages, the loading speed time is greatly minimized. Everything the visitor needs is on one single, simple and effective page.
To conclude, keep in mind that one-page sites came to break the schemes, highlight and persuade users with the intention of focusing their attention for a longer time on the content distributed in a web space that provides comfort and simplicity without sacrificing creativity and quality.
Did you know about this style of web design? Would you like to use it?