If you want your business to be successful you need to understand the concept of Digital Transformation and you need to start implementing it.
There is no doubt that the digital revolution has generated great changes in our lives, on a personal level as well as on a professional level. It could be said that our entire environment has been transformed with the invention and the use of digital technology.
The great changes that we have experienced in recent years have created a large number of paradigms and challenges for businesses and companies, especially for those that were created before the Internet Age.
The solution to this dilemma, which the companies are facing, is Digital Transformation. But what exactly does this concept mean?
Intuitively, we could think that it is simply about implementing digital technology and tools in our business, but the reality is that digital transformation is much more complex than that.
David Rogers, a writer and professor at the Columbia Business School, says that digital transformation is not just about technology; it’s about learning to think in a different way about your business.
Technology is certainly part of the process, but Rogers explains that the most important thing is to make a change in our model of thinking, strategy and leadership. In his book The Digital Transformation Playbook, Rogers defines the 5 domains or pillars that we must consider within digital transformation. These are:
- Consumers: What can your business do to remain relevant to consumers?
- Competition: In the digital age, your business also competes with businesses that are outside your branch or industry.
- Data: How can you use the data and information that your business generates as a strategic asset?
- Innovation: Learn to generate an innovation model based on learning.
- Value: How can you add extra value to your business?
As you can see, digital transformation is not easy, but with time and dedication, any business (regardless of its industry) can transform into the digital age.
If you have a business and would like to start transforming, here are the 7 tips that David Rogers offers to start this process:
- Don’t just focus on digitizing your existing business.
- Always focus on the consumer.
- Define a clear vision of leadership.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Don’t try to do everything on your own. Seek advice and help.
- Don’t waste any more time and start now.
- Identify what is most urgent for your business.
We hope that these tips are useful for your company or business and that they give you an incentive to start this important transformation process.
Do you have any questions about Digital Transformation? Do not hesitate to write us!