Artificial intelligence and augmented reality are no longer things of the future. Discover their applications and take advantage of their benefits to boost your business.
In such a competitive world it is necessary to be aware of technological advances and not get left behind. Understanding the emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and augmented reality among many others, can seem overwhelming.
These concepts sound distant and impossible to digest and much less possible to apply, but the truth is that we have lived with them for a while and perhaps we have not even realized it.
About artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a concept related to the idea of producing machines that are capable of reasoning and learning like humans.
AI-based systems have the power to hypothesize, find correlations, recall results, and solve problems from certain conditions. This is achieved thanks to the analysis of statistical models and algorithms (Machine Learning), and the study of data based on the emulation of the neural networks of the human brain (Deep Learning).
Some simple AI examples we encounter in everyday life include customer service chatbots and voice recognition-enabled assistants like Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant; or when Facebook recognizes faces in published photos.
Application of artificial intelligence in business
This powerful technology is useful on a wide range of topics, from the most complex to the simplest. This is how you can predict macroeconomic flows and serve clients through programs that communicate using a “natural language” with people.
There are so many applications that use artificial intelligence that we can’t possibly mention them all in a single post, however we list some that are most common in marketing and business management:
- Customer segmentation
- Recognition of consumption patterns
- Purchase predictions and product recommendations
- Prevention of fraud in online transactions
- Targeted offers and ads optimized in real time
- Analysis of sentiment and social semantics
- Smart email categorization
- Sales and business forecast
- Automated operators for 24/7 customer service
- Personalized information for e-commerce and financial services
Now that we know more about artificial intelligence, let’s talk about augmented reality. It is another type of technology that is also a very useful tool, especially for companies in the industrial sector and online stores.
What is augmented reality?
Augmented reality mixes real elements with digital information, representing them in the form of images, animations and holograms. This technology adds layers of data superimposed on a real object or scene captured through the camera of an electronic device.
This is convenient to improve productivity, safety and quality in the industrial sector. In the same way, online stores could apply this technology so that their potential customers have the option of trying items or accessories virtually.
Benefits of augmented reality in business
As part of the fourth industrial revolution or Industry 4.0, augmented reality has multiple applications, let’s see some of its benefits:
- Improve designs
- Resolve incidents
- Train operators
- Optimize factory control and maintenance
- Conduct drills
As for the world of marketing, augmented reality affects users as follows:
- Increase conversion. Potential customers can review the products in real environments, which helps to make the sale.
- Surprise your customers. With increasingly demanding customers, it is necessary to go a step further using innovative elements that make the brand stand out from the crowd.
- Improve customer service. Using augmented reality combined with artificial intelligence, it is possible to design instructions that work as interactive assistants that can be “seen” in a physical store.
Without doubts, augmented reality and artificial intelligence are tools that provide a substantial competitive advantage to those companies that use it.
At the end of the day, improving processes, refining decision-making and optimizing the scope of objectives is something that any business would like to do, what do you say?