If you have a website or YouTube channel, you can monetize it with Google AdSense. Learn how this platform works and discover the easiest way to earn money on the Internet.
Whatever the goal of your website, it doesn’t hurt to take advantage of the space and opportunity to generate additional income. And who wouldn’t like to receive money on a recurring basis, with little effort and without any investment? In this sense, Google AdSense offers this possibility by providing an advertising system.
Although AdSense is 18 years old (2003), it is still the most popular advertising method on the web today. Let’s see what it is all about!
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is a free platform that Google makes available that allows you to place banner ads alongside online content. In this way you can show advertising to your website visitors, earning commissions for the impressions generated and the clicks that users make on them.
Among the benefits of using Google AdSense are:
- Access the largest network of online advertisers.
- Automatic publication of quality and relevance ads according to your content and your audience.
- Opportunity to block ads that you are not interested in showing.
- Customize where ads appear.
- Visualization suitable for different devices.
- Ease of implementation.
- High level of transparency, protection and security for both media and advertisers.
If at this point you are wondering what the requirements are to start using AdSense, we tell you that you only need to provide:
- A Google account. If you use Gmail, you are good to go! Otherwise you can create an account quickly and easily.
- Telephone number and postal address associated with your bank account where you will receive payments.
- Connect your website to AdSense, adding a code snippet.
This is how Google AdSense works
Going into more detail, Google AdSense connects the ads created by third parties that want to promote their products and publishes them in spaces like yours according to the type of target audience and the thematic axis that you handle.
Behind this, there is a real-time auction in which advertisers bid to appear in the spaces you have available for that. Thus, the ads that are displayed on your site are those that resulted with the highest bid.
Finally, Google is in charge of billing the advertisers and making the corresponding payments according to the performance of the ads on your website. In general, the media receives a commission of 68% of the number of clicks generated.
To get an idea, the commission per click varies between $0.20 and $15 USD. For YouTube video advertising, the range is between $0.60 and $5 per 1,000 visits. The variation of these payments depends on the market niche.
Do you think it is convenient to link your website, blog or YouTube channel to Google AdSense? Then enter here for first-hand information or to get started.